Taal Volcano, located in Batangas City, started releasing severe ashes at 2:20pm Philippine time on January 12, 2020. The areas affected are Cavite, Batangas and Metro Manila.
Here are some recommendations you can follow for yourself and your family’s safety.
- Be Calm. Stay Indoors.
- Close windows and doors to avoid ash from entering.
- Wear dust masks (recommended N85 masks) for breathing and eye glasses for eye protection when outdoors.
- Keep all pets indoors.
- Use closed food containers to avoid ash contamination.
- When driving, make sure to drive slow because ash can affect road visibility.
- Do not open air-conditioning units and clothes dryers.
- Clean your roof of ash. Do not allow the ash to accumulate.
- Follow any evacuation orders issued by authorities.
- Listen to radio, watch television/online streaming for updates on news related to ash fall activity.
Be mindful of Ash Fall health impact because it may result in the following:
- Noise and throat irritation
- Discomfort while breathing
- Eye irritation
- Minor skin problems
Any additional tips or ideas that you may have? Share it below.