Halloween is an exciting time of year for our young ones. It’s the day children dress up in costumes and prep their bags as they go around from house to house collecting as many treats as they can! However, trick-or-treating can be dangerous without taking proper safety precautions.
Here are some Halloween Safety Tips to ensure that your child has a fun and safe trick-or-treating experience this year!
1. Never let your child go trick-or-treating alone. Have your child walk with a trusted parent or guardian.
2. Map out the route. Only trick-or-treat in areas that you are familiar with. Plan your walking route out in advance.
3. Use a flashlight and bring extra batteries to help you see others. Have your child wear a glow necklace or add reflective tape to their costume so others can see them.
4. Walk, do not run, in well-lit areas. Stay on the sidewalks and avoid walking through people’s lawns or dark alleyways.
5. Look both ways when crossing the street. Use crosswalks as much as possible. Do not assume cars will stop for you.
6. Check the candy or “treats” your child receives. Examine the goodies to make sure that the packaging is not tampered with and that they are not a choking hazard to your child.
The safety of our children is of the utmost importance. By following these tips, your children will surely have a safe and spooktacular Halloween!
For more information, check us out on Instagram (@greatstartearlylearning).